Super zesty and healthy Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Wings! They use only 8 real from-scratch ingredients. Ready in 30 minutes. Gluten-free, Paleo.
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1 tablespoon = about 1/2 lemon, juiced)
- 3 teaspoons tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest, grated
- Rinse chicken wings under cool water and pat dry with a towel until skin is slightly sticky. Mix spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- Roll the skin side of a chicken wing in the spice rub, coating completely. Then lay skin-side-up in the air fryer basket. Repeat with all remaining wings. You can arrange drumsticks so they stand vertically, leaning against the outside of the basket, if more space is needed.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 22 minutes. I do not disturb or flip the wings during the cooking process. While cooking, add glaze ingredients to a jar and whisk or cover with a lid and shake until well mixed.
- When finished cooking, gently remove the chicken wings from the air fryer basket with tongs or a spatula. Arrange on a serving dish and drizzle with glaze just before serving. Sprinkle with fresh lemon zest and enjoy!
You can double the spice mix and coat both sides of the chicken wings for an extra kick. Note that they will be very peppery in this case (my partner loves this).
Storage: Store wings in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two days. I recommend refrigerating the wings before adding the glaze if possible. They will lose some of their crisp after refrigerating, though reheating them in the air fryer can help restore some of the original texture.
- Prep Time: 8
- Cook Time: 22
- Category: Meat, Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer chicken wings, chicken wings with dry rub, lemon pepper chicken wings