Amazing soft Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies with only 10 ingredients! They are gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, and dairy-free.
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (135 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups tapioca flour (185 grams)
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (80 grams)*
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup coconut oil (100 grams), softened
- ¼ cup maple syrup (60 milliliters)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Optional: roughly chopped dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon. You do not need to mix the wet ingredients separately first.
- Add chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed.
- Roll the dough into balls of 1 ½ inch diameter (3.8 centimeters) and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet with room to spread. If refrigerating the dough first, allow it to warm up on the counter for 30 minutes before making balls.
- Flatten the balls slightly with your palm until they lose about ⅓ of their height. Optional: Gently press 2-3 chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 10 minutes, or until the edges are very slightly browned. See the photo in the post above for an image of the perfect cookie vs. slightly overbaked.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the pan.
*Sugar substitution: You can use any granulated sugar in place of coconut sugar.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
- Prep Time: 12
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Baking, Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: healthy chocolate chip cookies, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, almond flour chocolate chip cookies maple syrup, almond flour cookies, paleo chocolate chip cookies, dairy free chocolate chip cookies, coconut sugar chocolate chip cookies