Hearty and creamy, this is the BEST Black Bean Hummus recipe made with sun-dried tomatoes and tahini. This twist on traditional hummus is healthy, wholesome, and full of flavor. A dip that goes great with crackers, pita, chips, and fresh veggies.
- 1 15-ounce (400g) can black beans, drained and rinsed (or 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Tahini
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil (50 grams)
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil (1 tablespoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Juice from ½ medium lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ tseaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend until smooth. That's it!
Storage: Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. To freeze: Simply place it in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Stir before serving.
Equipment: A high-speed blender can be used in place of a food processor.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Snack, Side, Appetizer, Lunch
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: American