Healthy Baked Chicken Fajitas in 30 minutes with 8 easy-to-find ingredients plus common spices! Gluten-free, dairy-free, and fuss-free.
- 1 pound chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces (0.5 kg)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil (60 ml)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- freshly chopped cilantro to taste
- lime wedges
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F (245 C).
- Assemble: Add all main ingredients and spices to a large glass baking dish. Toss to mix thoroughly and to lightly coat the ingredients in oil.
- Bake: Cover the baking dish with foil or an inverted cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil: Remove the foil or cookie sheet and switch the oven to broil for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve: Remove from the oven. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and squeeze lime juice to taste just before serving!
Spiciness: This recipe has a medium to medium-high spiciness level with the crushed red pepper flakes. For a milder flavor, I recommend generously reducing or omitting the red pepper flakes.
Serving Suggestions: We love this recipe served over rice like a 'burrito bowl' or wrapped in corn tortillas.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Vegetarian - leave out the chicken and add cooked or canned black beans after baking to make this vegetarian.
Gluten and Dairy-Free - This recipe is naturally gluten-free and dairy-free.
Without cilantro - cilantro tastes like soap to some people. If this is you, you can leave out the cilantro and it still tastes great.
Deluxe - add guacamole, cooked or canned black beans, cheese, jalapenos, and sour cream.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dinner, Meal, Lunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: copycat chipotle chicken burrito bowl, chipotle burrito bowl recipe, chicken and rice burrito bowl, oven chicken fajitas