- 1 lb chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces (0.5 kg)
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 medium lime
- ½ cup fresh minced cilantro (40 g)
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil (60 ml)
- ½ tsp dried oregano (0.5 g)
- ½ tsp salt (3 g)
- 1 tsp cumin powder (0.5 g)
- 1 tsp chili powder (0.5 g)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional) (1.2 g)
- 6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- Combine all ingredients except rice in a large glass baking dish. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Cover dish with foil or an inverted cookie sheet and bake at 475 deg F (245 C) for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil or cookie sheet and switch the oven to broil for 10 min.
- Remove from oven and serve over a bed of fresh white or brown rice.
- See notes for suggested add-ons, and enjoy!
This recipe has a medium to medium-high spiciness level - it's definitely got some “kick” to it. For a milder flavor, we recommend generously reducing or omitting the red pepper flakes. For a very mild flavor, also reduce the chili powder to just a pinch.
Our favorite add-ons upon serving: sliced avocado, cheddar cheese, and/or fresh cilantro!
This dish is also delicious wrapped in corn tortillas as a more traditional fajita.
- Category: Dinner, Lunch, Meal
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Mexican inspired