Flavorful marinated Chinese Five Spice Chicken, crisp zucchini spears, and fresh fluffy rice make the perfect easy Asian fusion! With minimal cooking time and few ingredients, you can go from drooling over these photos to dinner in no time!
Chicken and Marinade:
- 1 lb chicken
- 2 Tablespoons canola or other cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 shallots sliced thinly
- 2 teaspoons Chinese Five Spice
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or GF tamari
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (trust me on this one)
- 2 teaspoons dried ginger (or ½ thumb -sized piece fresh, minced)
- 2 tsp canola or other cooking oil
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into 2-inch spears
- 5 servings prepared jasmine or basmati rice
- Slice chicken into bite-sized pieces. Place in an airtight container and add canola and sesame oils, sliced shallots, Chinese Five Spice, coconut aminos, maple syrup, and dried ginger. Mix well and allow to marinade for at least an hour, several hours or overnight if possible.
- Add chicken and marinade to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook through, approximately 7 minutes.
- Remove contents from the pan, then add a small amount of canola oil and the zucchini spears back to the pan. Fry zucchini spears on high heat until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Prepare bowls with chicken, zucchini spears, and fresh rice. Enjoy!
- Category: Meat
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
Keywords: camping meals, chinese five spice, five spice chicken