This easy and indulgent Chocolate Raspberry Smoothie hits the spot for dessert or breakfast! It’s a healthy start to your day with cocoa, raspberries, and avocado.
- 1 1/4 cups almond or other plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 2-3 teaspoons maple syrup, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ large avocado
- 1 large handful fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- optional: a pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender in order, beginning with the plant-based milk and finishing with frozen raspberries.
- Blend at high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Read the blog post for easy ingredient substitutions.
- This recipe makes one large breakfast smoothie or two smaller dessert servings.
- Chef's Tip: Always add liquids to the blender first, followed by the solid ingredients. Save any frozen fruit or ice for last as the top layer. Layering ingredients in this way helps to prevent air pockets when the blades start turning.
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Smoothie, Healthy chocolate dessert, dessert smoothie