This easy and unforgettable Christmas Rocky Road uses 8 main ingredients to surprise and delight your guests! Gluten-free, dairy-free.
- 1 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped roasted almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- seeds from 1/2 of a large pomegranate
Spices and Flavorings
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/16 teaspoon ground ginger*
- 1/16 teaspoon ground allspice*
- 1/16 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
- Line the pan: Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. For a double batch, use a 9x9 or 8x8 inch square pan.
- Melt the base: In a medium pot on low heat, melt together the chocolate chips, almond butter, vegan butter, and all the spices and flavorings. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Almonds and cranberries: Stir in the almonds and cranberries and remove from heat. Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes so you don't melt the marshmallows.
- Marshmallows: Add the marshmallows and stir gently to coat.
- Spread in the pan: Spread the mixture in the lined pan by gently pressing it into the corners with a spatula.
- Pomegranate seeds: Sprinkle generously with pomegranate seeds and refrigerate until firm (about 2 hours).
*1/16 teaspoon is half of a 1/8 teaspoon measure. You want an equal 'pinch' of each holiday spice, and I know some of you prefer the exact amounts.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or store at a cool room temperature (so it doesn't melt) for 2-3 days.
- Coconut Oil - instead of vegan butter, you can use coconut oil in equal amount
- Real Butter - you can use real dairy butter in place of vegan butter
- Vegan - use vegan butter and vegan marshmallows like Dandies (they're also gluten-free).
- Gluten-Free - use a gluten-free marshmallow brand like Jet Puffed or Campfire brand. This Verywell Fit article has more info about those two brands, and I consider them safe for gluten-free and people with Celiac.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Dessert, Holiday
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: American, Holiday
Keywords: Easy Rocky Road, Christmas Rocky Road