This delicious shrimp scampi recipe is super quick and easy! It makes for a great special occasion meal. If you are able, allow time for the shrimp to marinate in the garlic and olive oil. We recoomend at least an hour for best taste, but marination is not necessary.
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1.5-2 lbs (680-900 g) wild-caught uncooked shrimp (shell-on tastes best)
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine raw shrimp and olive oil.
- Crush 4 cloves of fresh garlic. Add to bowl and mix well.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour for best taste, but marination is not necessary.
- Fry shrimp in a pan, ~2 min. per side on medium-low heat. Exercise caution here - it is easy to overcook shrimp. Simply cook each side until a light white/pinkish color appears to maintain texture and flavor.
Tips for prepping the shrimp:
Remove shells by cutting through the center groove of the shrimp shell from head to tail using a knife or single tine of a fork. Now you can easily pull off the shell by hand. Then remove the dark black vein that follows the same center groove using a knife.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten-free