This super easy Dairy Free Tiramisu tastes just like the traditional! It can easily be made gluten-free using gluten-free ladyfingers. You'll love that it uses only 8 ingredients with no baking required.
- 6 egg yolks*
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cans coconut cream, cream only (no liquid)**
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups strong espresso, cooled, divided
- 4 teaspoons dark rum
- 24 packaged ladyfingers (~200 grams)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate shavings
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer with whisk attachement, whip together egg yolks and sugar until thick and pale. This takes about 5 minutes. Then add coconut cream, vanilla extract, and 1 tablespoon of espresso to the mixture. Whip together until smooth.
- Pour the remaining espresso and dark rum into a shallow dish large enough to fit a ladyfinger. Dip each lady finger into the mixture for only 5 seconds, turning and flipping to coat all sides. Place the soaked lady finger on the bottom of an 8 by 8 inch baking dish. Continue until you have a single layer of soaked ladyfingers. You may need to break ladyfingers for a snug fit.
- Gently layer one half of the coconut cream mixture across the top of the soaked ladyfingers. Then add another layer of soaked ladyfingers. Top with the final layer of cream. Cover with plastic wrap or other airtight lid and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the layers to set.
- Before serving, sprinkle the chocolate shavings evenly across the top of the tiramisu. This recipe tastes amazing on its own or topped with fresh berries and mint leaves.
*Consuming raw or undercooked eggs may increase your risk of foodborne illness.
**I used ~400 ml (15 ounce) cans of coconut cream and scooped out the solid cream layer. The total amount of cream was about 2 cups.
Ladyfingers can come in different sizes. If larger than the standard 3-inch sized ladyfingers (like mine), 200 grams is roughly equivalent. I used Schaer Gluten Free Ladyfingers.
Storage: Store tiramisu in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No bake
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: gluten free tiramisu, dairy free desserts, no bake dairy free desserts