This Dairy-Free Whipped Cream Recipe uses only four easy-to-find ingredients and levels up desserts and coffees! Perfect for meal prep and ready in 5 minutes.
- 1 can coconut cream, solid cream only
- 4 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Scoop the solid coconut cream out of the can with a spoon, leaving the additional liquid behind. If your cream layer has melted, see notes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream, confectioners sugar, vanilla, and salt. Blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days.
The cream needs to be solid. While you do not need to chill the coconut cream ahead of time, it does need to be solid and separate from the water layer so you can scoop it out. Coconut cream melts at 75 degrees F (24 degrees C). If your cream layer has melted, place it in a cooler location for several hours until it solidifies.
Don't add extra sugar. While it may be tempting to add extra confectioners sugar to thicken or sweeten, 4 tablespoons is the maximum amount one can of coconut cream can hold before the texture deteriorates and it become a wet mess. If you add too much confectioner's sugar, you can resolidify the whipped cream by adding more coconut cream (it’s best to have an extra can around, just in case).
Use an electric whisk. For best texture, you need an electric mixer with whisk attachment for this recipe. It helps remove any chunks for a super smooth whipped topping.
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Baking, Dessert
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Coconut Whipped Cream, Gluten free dairy free whipped cream, vegan whipped cream