This delicious deconstructed sushi bowl will satisfy that sushi craving with almost no prep time and at a super affordable price!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 2 servings fish or vegan alternative (raw sushi grade fish, cooked fish, canned tuna, edamame, etc)
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Optional garnishes: sesame seeds, sliced green onion, pickled ginger, nori sheets torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 ½ Tbsp GF Soy Sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp sriracha
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: ¼ tsp gluten-free wasabi powder or paste
- Cook rice according to instructions on package. Optional: Season with 2 tsp rice vinegar.
- Prepare vegetables and fish while rice is cooking.
- Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Alternatively, add to a bowl and whisk.
- Prepare bowls: Add rice as a base. Top with vegetables, fish, and garnishes. Add sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Make it your own:
Switch out the protein source, make it vegan with tofu or edamame, use quinoa instead of rice, and add vegetables of your choosing - this bowl is super versatile!
Need to turn down the heat?
Swap the Sriracha with honey or agave syrup for a sweet sesame dressing without the spiciness
Cooking while traveling?
Gluten-free soy sauce alone can be used as a dressing, canned tuna or salmon is just perfect, instant rice or microwavable rice or quinoa cups will work, and you can find travel-friendly meal prep tools in our shop!
- Category: Meal, Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Dairy-free