- 1/4 cup (50 grams) coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) honey
- 1 oz (30 grams) cream cheese (substitute 1 Tbsp almond or sunflower seed butter for vegan/dairy-free)
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp (135 grams) gluten-free flour (see notes for comments on flour types and toasting raw flour)
- 1/2 cup (60 grams) chocolate chips (mini preferred)
- In a large bowl, add coconut oil, vanilla, and honey.
- Using a fork, mix and mash the ingredients together until creamy.
- Add cream cheese and continue to mix/mash with a fork.
- Gradually add flour a few tablespoons at a time, mixing thoroughly.
- Add chocolate chips and mix well.
Most gluten-free flours will work marvelously with this recipe. We recommend not using bean flours, however, since they often have a funny taste before baking. We chose to use a rice flour blend for ours.
* There have been some recent outbreaks of E Coli recorded in regular wheat flour. If consuming raw flour and the potential risk of bacteria is of concern to you, we have a solution! Here it is:
1. Spread the flour you plan to use on an ungreased baking sheet.
2.Toast at 350 degrees F (176 C) for 5 minutes.
3.Let the flour fully cool before you use it in the recipe.
We ate the flour raw (do so at your own risk) and toasted, and found that the toasting actually adds a delightful extra bit of flavor!
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan, Dairy-free