The best gluten free chocolate muffins with creamy vegan buttermilk for a rich texture and awesome rise! Easy, dairy-free, 11 ingredients.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon gluten-free 1-to-1 flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons avocado or canola oil
- 1/3 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and lightly grease 6 cups of a standard muffin pan.
- Mix vegan buttermilk ingredients in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk together until well mixed.
- Add vegan buttermilk and wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix together thoroughly with a wooden spoon. The batter should be smooth and wet with some elasticity. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the 6 muffin cups. They will be filled to the top. Bake for 7 minutes at 425 degrees F. Then decrease the temperature to 375 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Do not open the muffin door before you expect them to be ready for best rise. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the muffin pan.
For this recipe, we mix the batter until smooth. This is more mixing than traditional muffins. The extra mixing gives a creamy texture and creates elasticity in the batter to maintain a high rise.
Storage: Store gluten-free muffins on the counter for two days or for five days in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They can also be frozen for up to six months and thawed at room temperature.
- Category: Baking, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free double chocolate muffins, gluten and dairy free chocolate muffins, dairy free chocolate muffins