Asparagus is one of our favorite vegetables! Its delightfully snappy texture and earthy, herby vibes remind me of outdoor barbecues and summer picnics. As the queen of stalky green vegetables, she is a frequent guest during special occasions. I associate her with holidays and family gatherings as well. Need an easy meal or side to impress? Bring out the asparagus! This gluten free pasta recipe is so simple and easy, even beginner chefs can look like a pro!
This fuss-free gluten free pasta and asparagus recipe is the perfect way to dress up that tender bundle of asparagus you picked up from the store or farmer’s market. When you combine gluten free pasta and asparagus with Italian seasonings, mushrooms, and garlic, you have a masterpiece that is sure to please your friends at dinner parties or even be worthy of a main course for celebrations!
This Gluten Free Pasta Recipe:
- tastes light and fresh
- uses only 7 ingredients
- cooks quickly
- contains a variety of delightful textures
Let's get cooking!Print
Gluten Free Pasta and Asparagus
A delightful main or side made with snappy asparagus, mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Perfect for special occasions. Easy, quick, and delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Dinner, Side
- Method: Stove
- Cuisine: gluten free, vegetarian, vegan
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb. of asparagus (12-15 medium-sized spears)
- 8 oz (225 grams) sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (in the U.S.A., McCormick brand spices are gluten-free and Celiac-friendly)
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 package gluten free pasta
- Finely dice the onion and chop the asparagus into 1-2 inch (3-5 cm) logs (shorter if asparagus is wider, and longer if asparagus is thinner).
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a wok or large frying pan on medium heat. When ready to cook, the oil should be very hot, but not so hot that it smokes. Coat all sides of the pan.
- Add the onion and asparagus to the pan. When the surface of the pan seems dry, add more oil or a splash of water to prevent sticking and burning.
- When onions begin to brown (after about 5 minutes), add mushrooms, crushed garlic, and spices.
- Begin cooking gluten free pasta per instructions on package in a separate pot.
- Continue cooking asparagus and other vegetables/spices until asparagus becomes tender (approximately 20 minutes total).
- Serve over a bed of gluten free pasta.
- Optional: Add an additional protein source. We love shrimp scampi!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Gluten Free Asparagus Pasta
For a complete meal, serve vegetables over a bed of gluten free noodles. We love adding shredded parmesan and we highly recommend pairing this dish with our favorite shrimp scampi recipe.
Voila, and bon appetite!
This recipe is OUTSTANDING! The shrimp and asparagus made me feel like I ordered out - for a fraction of the price. Plan to make this for company next week.
Hurray! We love this one too -- it really does feel fancy. Thank you for the review Oliva!