These easy gluten-free Baked Pumpkin Donuts use almond flour, coconut sugar, and pumpkin puree for a healthier treat that is still very indulgent!
- 1 1/4 cups (120 g) almond flour⠀
- 1 cup (140 g) cassava flour ⠀
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda⠀
- ¼ tsp salt⠀
- ¾ cup + 2 Tbsp (210 g) coconut sugar (can substitute any granulated sugar)⠀
- 1 egg⠀
- ½ cup (120 ml) coconut butter, liquid but not hot⠀
- ½ cup (120 ml) canned pureed pumpkin⠀
- 1 tsp vanilla extract⠀
- See topping instructions below recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (175 C) and lightly grease a donut pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cassava flour, baking soda, and salt. Whisk or stir ingredients to mix thoroughly.⠀
- Add coconut sugar, egg, coconut butter, pumpkin, and vanilla extract to dry ingredients. Mix well.⠀
- Spoon batter into the donut pan, filling each cup about ¾ of the way.⠀
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a donut ring comes out clean. ⠀
- When the donuts have cooled completely, sugar or frost and enjoy!
Substituting a liquid sugar like honey or maple syrup for the granulated sugar is not recommended as it changes the texture of the donuts.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch, Baked Good, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Vegetarian
Keywords: Pumpkin Donuts, Gluten-Free Donuts