These one-bowl paleo and gluten-free Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins with 9 ingredients make an awesome healthy snack or to-go breakfast! Dairy-free.
- 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (80 grams) tapioca flour*
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (see notes for my blend)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) coconut oil, soft or melted but not hot
- 3/4 cup (180 grams) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup (150 grams) maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 C) and lightly grease one 12-cup muffin pan.
- Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients. Whisk/stir well.
- Wet Ingredients: Add all wet ingredients to the bowl. Mix batter well.
- Muffin Pan: Pour batter into the muffin pan until each muffin cup is about 3/4 full.
- Bake: Bake for 18-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool: Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing muffins from the pan. We like them best plain, with cream cheese, or with coconut butter.
* The original recipe used 1/2 cup (60 grams) of tapioca flour. I updated it on 9/24/21 to add an extra 2 tablespoons (20 grams) of tapioca flour. The extra flour makes sure you have rounded tops.
If your coconut oil is too hot, it will prematurely cook the egg. Make sure it's melted and not too warm when you add it to the mix.
My Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend: If you have the time, use this blend in place of 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice listed in the recipe:
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch allspice
Be careful not to overcook these muffins!
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months. To defrost, simply let the pumpkin muffin warm up to room temperature. It's usually warm enough to eat within 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Baking
- Method: Muffins
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free baking, muffins, paleo baking, paleo recipes