This easy Instant Pot Minestrone Soup recipe is super healthy! Only 4 fresh ingredients and 'set it and forget it' style! Vegan. Gluten-free.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups spinach, packed
Pantry and Frozen Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup dry red wine
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can white beans
- 1 (14-ounce) can kidney beans
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1 cup small shell pasta, uncooked (I used gluten-free)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Fill the pot: Add all ingredients except the spinach to the instant pot and stir to combine.
- Cook: Cook at high pressure for 8-12 minutes. Choose 8 minutes for crisper vegetables, and 12 minutes for softer vegetables. I like to split the difference at 10 minutes so the vegetables are tender and the broth has that 'long-simmered' flavor! It will take the instant pot about 10 minutes to pressurize before the cooking begins.
- Release pressure: After the cook time is up, press the manual steam release button and stay clear of the steam. Carefully remove the top after the steam has released.
- Add spinach: Add fresh spinach and use a spoon to press it into the broth. Stir to combine once the spinach has wilted and serve hot.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze: Freeze soup in a freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months. I like to pick containers large enough for one or two servings. To thaw, leave in the refrigerator overnight. Then reheat in a pot on the stove.
- Gluten-free - use gluten-free pasta like I did.
- Alcohol-free - swap the wine with an equivalent amount of extra vegetable broth.
This recipe is naturally vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free.
- Spicy - add crushed red pepper flakes to add some heat to this dish.
- Kitchen Sink - use whatever vegetables you have on hand! Try frozen green beans, bell peppers, broccoli -- the sky is the limit!
- Stovetop - see the stovetop-friendly recipe on my website: House Favorite Vegan Minestrone Soup
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: instant pot minestrone soup vegan, instant pot minestrone soup olive garden, instant pot vegetable soup, instant pot vegetable soup vegan, gluten-free instant pot recipes, instant pot dairy-free soup