This creamy black bean hummus is a delicious staple for busy weekday lunches, casual weekend picnics, and evening appetizers! This recipe takes only 10 minutes from start to finish and uses 10 easy-to-find ingredients. If you’ve never made your own hummus before, you will be amazed by just how delicious and fresh this hummus will taste! Like me, you may decide to never go back to store-bought again.
This was my first time making homemade hummus and it certainly will not be my last! I’ve never been the biggest fan of hummus previously, but something convinced me to experiment with making my own last weekend - it certainly did not disappoint.
Here's why you'll love this recipe:
- it uses 10 easy-to-find ingredients
- takes 10 minutes from start to finish
- is high in protein and plant-based
- makes healthy eating quick and easy
Let's get started!Print
Lemon & Garlic Black Bean Hummus
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Lunch, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan
- 1.5 cups (400g) cooked black beans (or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Juice from ½ medium-sized standard lemon, or 1 Meyer lemon (my favorite!)
- 2 large cloves crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Optional: ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: 3 sprigs Italian Parsley
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend on high until well-mixed and creamy.
If you do not have a food processor, you can mash the ingredients together with a fork. In this case, omit the garlic or make sure the garlic is crushed well.
Leave a comment to let us know how it goes, and remember to snap a photo and tag #vibrantlygfree on Instagram!
► don’t forget to give this recipe a share!
With love and gratitude, ❤ Jamie
Pin this recipe to save it for later by clicking the "save" icon in the top left corner of the photo ▼
Leave a Reply