- 1.5 cups (400g) cooked black beans (or one 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Tahini
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- Juice from ½ medium-sized standard lemon, or 1 Meyer lemon (my favorite!)
- 2 large cloves crushed garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Optional: ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: 3 sprigs Italian Parsley
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend on high until well-mixed and creamy.
If you do not have a food processor, you can mash the ingredients together with a fork. In this case, omit the garlic or make sure the garlic is crushed well.
- Category: Lunch, Appetizer
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Vegan