- 1 cup dry lentils (200 g), soaked 2+ hours in water*, rinsed & drained
- 2 ¼ cups vegetable or chicken broth (530 ml)
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 small bunch kale, stems removed, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (400 ml) full fat coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ~4 cups cooked basmati rice
- Add lentils and broth to a medium pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer with the lid partially covered, stirring on occasion until lentils are fully cooked, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lightly massage kale with your hands. Heat coconut oil in a medium skillet. Add kale and saute on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Use splashes of water to deglaze the pan if needed.
- Add sauteed kale, coconut milk, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt to the pot with the cooked lentils. Mix thoroughly. Heat to warm and serve over rice. Enjoy!
*Soaking lentils for at least 2 hours before cooking or overnight helps to remove gas producing chemicals found in the beans. Be sure to rinse in clean water after soaking. BONUS: soaking cuts down on cooking time!
In the photo, we garnish with sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- Category: Meal, Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Vegan, Curry