These delicious 4-ingredient Crispy Roasted Brussel Sprouts are the perfect addition to any potluck, holiday meal, or your weekly meal prep!
- 1 1/2 pounds (0.7 kg) brussel sprouts, halved lengthwise with rough ends sliced off
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 deg C).
- Coat the brussel sprouts in oil: On a large metal baking sheet, combine brussel sprouts and olive oil and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake: Bake for 20 minutes.
- Red pepper flakes: Remove from the oven, add red pepper flakes and toss to coat evenly.
- Bake again: Bake for another 5 minutes, or until brussel sprouts are crisp and the edges are browning.
- Toss with salt and serve: Remove from the oven, toss with salt, and enjoy!
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
For best taste: FULLY coat the brussel sprouts in oil. They will still be crispy if you have some leaves that are not fully coated in oil, but they will be papery and lack flavor. I usually toss the brussel sprouts in olive oil for a full two to three minutes, making sure every last bit has a thin coat of oil.
For best texture: Bake the brussel sprouts on a metal baking sheet unlined or with parchment paper. A silicone mat will decrease crispiness, as will a glass baking dish. For more crispiness tips, be sure to read the tips in the blog post.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: side, holiday
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted brussel sprouts, the best way to eat brussel sprouts, paleo thanksgiving sides, vegan thanksgiving sides, brussel sprouts sides for thanksgiving