A delicious paleo and gluten-free coffee cake with fresh strawberries and rhubarb!
- ½ cup coconut butter, melted but not hot
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
Strawberry and rhubarb:
- 2 ½ cups thinly sliced fresh rhubarb
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped coarsely
- ⅔ cup cassava flour (or gluten-free 1-to-1 flour)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 deg F and grease a 9 x 13” glass baking dish with coconut oil. Add wet ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the bowl of wet ingredients in 1/2 cup increments, mixing as you go.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Evenly distribute the rhubarb slices and strawberries across the top.
- In a clean mixing bowl, add all ingredients for streusel topping and mix well with a fork. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the topping is lightly crisp and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool and enjoy!
- Coconut sugar can be replaced with any granulated sugar.
- Cassava flour can be replaced with gluten-free 1-to-1 flour in equal amount.
- Replace the strawberry and rhubarb layer with other berries or fruits. We like plums, peaches, and blackberries!
- Coconut milk can be replaced with ½ cup milk and ½ cup yogurt or sour cream.
Storage: Store this coffee cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or cut into individual servings and freeze in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Category: Breakfast, Snack, Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Paleo Baking
Keywords: paleo coffee cake, almond flour coffee cake