A super simple and tasty salad with zesty dressing and Tuscan flavors. Gluten-free, Dairy-free, grain-free, and paleo.
Chicken and marinade
- 1 pound chicken breast or tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 shallot, sliced thinly
- 3 rounded tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, plus more if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 servings fresh lettuce and spinach mixture
- 1/4 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 20 pitted kalamata olives
- optional: fresh basil leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoons dried crushed thyme
- 1/4 teaspoons Dijon style mustard
- 1 pinch ground black pepper (1 pinch = 1/8 teaspoon)
1. Combine chicken and marinade. Mix together well and set aside. The longer you let it sit, the more flavorful the chicken is. Sometimes I set it up the night before cooking, and sometimes I make it right away.
2. After marinading, add the chicken mixture to a skillet on medium heat. Cook, stirring on occasion, for 7-10 minutes, until chicken pieces are cooked through.
3. Assemble the bed of greens. Add thinly sliced red onions and about 5 kalamata olives per plate. Distribute the cooked chicken and sun-dried tomatoes on top. Add extra sun-dried tomatoes if desired.
4. Add all dressing ingredients to a jar and shake. Alternatively, you can whisk them together in a bowl. Divide the dressing amongst the plates -- each plate receives 1/4 of the total dressing. Enjoy!
This salad tastes wonderful when the chicken is warm after cooking, or cooled the second day.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: healthy chicken salad recipe, healthy chicken salad meal prep