Amazing 15-minute Vegan Vodka Pasta recipe with 10 common pantry ingredients! Smooth, flavorful, and easy.
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
3 ounces canned tomato paste*
2 ½ tablespoons vodka
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tablespoon dried basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ 14-ounce can coconut milk
- ½ pound (8 ounces, 225 grams) dried pasta, cooked according to package instructions
1. Garlic: In an 8-inch skillet on low heat, add olive oil and garlic. Saute garlic, stirring on occasion, until fragrant and golden brown.
2. Tomato Paste: Add tomato paste and stir constantly until the paste turns a darker shade of red (about 3 minutes). It's okay if the paste and the oil do not fully mix at this point.
3. Add vodka and spices. Allow the alcohol from the vodka to bubble off (about 2 minutes).
4. Add coconut milk and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, remove from heat and toss with cooked pasta. Serve warm.
Storage: Store leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. I recommend reheating in a small pot on the stove with a little extra water or in the microwave, adding a sprinkle of water as needed
*For 3 ounces of canned tomato paste, I buy a 6 ounce can of tomato paste and use half.
To use a full 1 pound package of pasta, you will want to double the recipe (use the 2x feature in the recipe card).
Gluten-free pasta typically comes in a 12-ounce package. Use about 2/3 of the pasta in this sized package to get 1/2 pound of dried pasta. Check out the ingredients photo earlier in the blog post to see brands/sizes that I use to make this recipe.
- Category: Dinner, Meal, Pasta
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan vodka sauce with coconut milk, vegan vodka sauce no cashews, vodka pasta recipe