Creamy, indulgent, healthy and SO quick + easy, this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is the perfect easy meal. It's gluten free, dairy free, and vegan, with few ingredients. It's part of our collection of blender sauces and the entire recipe takes only 15 minutes!
- 5 servings gluten-free penne pasta
- 4 handfuls fresh arugula
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 Roma tomato + more to add chopped at the end if desired
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted if desired
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- Make pasta according to packaging.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients except pasta and arugula to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine pasta, the blender sauce, and arugula. Mix well and serve warm or cooled. Enjoy!
Add more garlic to your liking! We often use fresh garlic because it's easier -- know that fresh garlic will add a stronger flavor. You can mince the cloves and toss them in a fry pan on medium heat with a little oil for just a couple minutes (until fragrant and golden brown) if you prefer the roasted flavor! You can also substitute 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder for the 2 cloves in this recipe.
This recipe can be stretched to 6 or so servings with a little extra pasta 😉
- Category: Pasta
- Method: One pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: one pot pasta, red pesto pasta, gluten free pasta