Creamy, indulgent, healthy and SO quick + easy, this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta will quickly become a weekly staple! It was love at first bite for me and I already made it twice... in one week. Read on to see what the hype is all about!
You asked for more blender pasta sauces because they are SO easy! And this recipe, along with the others, will take you only 15 minutes from start to finish. It's actually faster than making 4 sandwiches (I timed it!).
Why you’ll fall in love this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta:
- Creamy sauce and fresh peppery arugula make for the perfect pasta combination!
- Simple, easy-to-find ingredients — many you'll have on hand already!
- 15 minutes from start to finish, no chopping required.
- Bold flavor with minimal effort
- It's vegan, gluten-free, and dairy free
- Tastes amazing hot or cold!
What to know before you start:
You can stretch this meal to 6 servings with extra noodles.
Try 4 servings with lots of extra greens, or up to 6 servings with more noodles! I adjust the dish to the number of guests without changing the sauce ingredients.
Roast the garlic first... or don't 😉
Raw garlic has a strong flavor. If you're trying this for the first time or serving guests, here's what I recommend:
- Mince the garlic first. Heat a little olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Sautee the minced garlic for about 3 minutes until golden brown and fragrant. Then add it to your blender with the rest of the ingredients and blitz!
- OR use ¼ teaspoon garlic powder in place of the two cloves in this recipe.
What we do...
Sometimes I toss two whole raw garlic cloves into the blender. The flavor is strong and we don't mind. I do roast the garlic if serving for guests.
If you're curious about eating raw garlic, I thought this Well + Good article on the benefits of raw garlic was interesting.
It's really that tasty.
When I asked my partner what to write for this section -- he said to add: "it's reeeeeally freaking good!"
Photos of the Process
Step 1. Make pasta according to package instructions. Blend the sauce.
Step 2. Combine all ingredients.
Step 3. Mix well and enjoy!
Hungry for more?
Check out our tasty gluten-free Recipe Index <3
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card or comment field below. Thank you!Print
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
Creamy, indulgent, healthy and SO quick + easy, this Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is the perfect easy meal. It's gluten free, dairy free, and vegan, with few ingredients. It's part of our collection of blender sauces and the entire recipe takes only 15 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Pasta
- Method: One pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 5 servings gluten-free penne pasta
- 4 handfuls fresh arugula
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 Roma tomato + more to add chopped at the end if desired
- 1 ½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted if desired
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- Make pasta according to packaging.
- Meanwhile, add all ingredients except pasta and arugula to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combine pasta, the blender sauce, and arugula. Mix well and serve warm or cooled. Enjoy!
Add more garlic to your liking! We often use fresh garlic because it's easier -- know that fresh garlic will add a stronger flavor. You can mince the cloves and toss them in a fry pan on medium heat with a little oil for just a couple minutes (until fragrant and golden brown) if you prefer the roasted flavor! You can also substitute ¼ teaspoon garlic powder for the 2 cloves in this recipe.
This recipe can be stretched to 6 or so servings with a little extra pasta 😉
Keywords: one pot pasta, red pesto pasta, gluten free pasta
If anything good came out of this pandemic, it's that I've been able to expand my gf cooking repertoire and make delicious recipes like the ones you have on this blog, Jamie, and I've made many of them! This one is a favorite of my husband and me, and I make it all the time now. Thank you!!
I can't believe you make such great meals in your camper van! Another winning recipe, Jamie!
Thank you for the review Jen! 🙂