- 1 cup (100 g) of almond flour
- ½ cup (60 g) tapioca flour
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ tsp (1.4 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking soda
- ¾ cup (65 g) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (120 ml) of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (180 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- Mix well - I like to use a whisk for this part.
- Add the vegetable oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 F (177 C) for 20-25 minutes. Brownies are finished when the top is crisp and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out (mostly) clean.
I recommend using an oil that is liquid at room temperature. Solid oils will give you a crumbly brownie rather than a smooth one.
- Category: dessert
- Cuisine: gluten free, paleo