Fudgy, chocolate-y, smooth and delicious… what more could you ask for in a brownie? How about paleo, gluten-free, and dairy-free, topped with dairy-free and vegan whipped coconut cream. You can substitute flax eggs and make this indulgent dessert vegan or pegan as well.
The praises can keep on singing, because it is also a super easy recipe and requires only one bowl.
Are we drooling yet?
Be prepared for the tastiest brownie you’ve ever had; with almond flour, dark chocolate, and natural sweeteners. Who needs dinner when you can just start with this almond-flour-based dessert?
How to make these heavenly gluten-free brownies:Print
Heavenly Double Chocolate Gluten Free Brownies
Rich and fudgy gluten-free brownies that are also paleo! Made with healthier ingredients like almond flour and maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 25
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8-10 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: gluten free, paleo
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup (100 g) of almond flour
- ½ cup (60 g) tapioca flour
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ tsp (1.4 g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking soda
- ¾ cup (65 g) cocoa powder
- ½ cup (120 ml) of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (180 g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
- In a large mixing bowl, add almond flour, tapioca flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and cocoa powder.
- Mix well - I like to use a whisk for this part.
- Add the vegetable oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 F (177 C) for 20-25 minutes. Brownies are finished when the top is crisp and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out (mostly) clean.
I recommend using an oil that is liquid at room temperature. Solid oils will give you a crumbly brownie rather than a smooth one.
Keywords: gluten-free brownies, paleo brownies
Gluten free brownies ingredients:
The ingredients below have been verified gluten free and celiac-safe by me. Thank you to those of you who reached out to suggest this feature! VgF receives a very small commission from anything purchased from these links. We only link products we use and love. Thank you for your support ❤︎
Chocolate chips (gluten free but include sugar, so they are not a paleo brand)
How to make coconut whipped cream:
- 1 can coconut cream
- Maple Syrup
Coconut cream should be soft, so you may need to slightly heat it to get the desired texture.
- Whip coconut cream with an electric mixer.
- Add ½ Tbsp (~7 ml) of maple syrup to the mixture and continue whipping.
- Taste and add maple syrup a little at a time until you reach your desired texture and sweetness.
It’s as easy as that. Enjoy!
Take a photo and share on instagram using #vibrantlygfree to show us your creations!
With love and gratitude, ❤︎ Jamie
Making them for Valentine's Day this time. The coconut whipped cream is a nice touch.
I absolutely love this! Looks so amazing and decadent!
Thank you! I wish I could share - we have a snow day and brownies + me home alone... how will I stop myself? LOL.