Do you ever find yourself experimenting in the kitchen and stumble upon the best version of a dish that you’ve ever had? Well, that’s the case with these delicious gluten-free nut butter cookies! While I chose to make this particular batch with peanut butter, this recipe is equally delicious with sunflower seed butter, almond butter, and other nut butters. It's great to have a versatile recipe ready-to-go when you need it!
If you're new to a gluten-free diet, be sure to check out our fan favorite gluten-free tips post!
This recipe is:
- Quick and easy
- Requires only one bowl
- Uses 8 ingredients
- Gluten-free and dairy-free
- Naturally sweetened with honey
- And takes 30 minutes from start to finish!
The Best Peanut Butter Cookies >> One-bowl, Gluten-free, & Delicious!
A quick, easy, and delicious one-bowl gluten-free nut butter cookie recipe! See notes for vegan and low FODMAP substitutions.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: ~24 cookies
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, Dairy-free
- 1 ¼ cups (160 grams) Gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 ml) honey (or agave syrup for vegan)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- Optional: 1 cup (250 ml) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C). In a large mixing bowl, add gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well with whisk or spoon.
- Add melted (but not hot) coconut oil, peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and egg. Mix all ingredients thoroughly. Optional: Add chocolate chips and fold them into the mixture.
- Scoop dough and drop in heaping, rounded tablespoons on an ungreased baking sheet. Leave about 3 inches (7cm) between scoops to allow cookies to spread.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are just beginning to brown but they are not yet fully cooked.
- For 3 minutes (or until cookies are golden brown), increase the temperature to 375 degrees F (190 C); this allows the outside to crisp while maintaining a soft, gooey inside.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before gently separating cookies from the pan with a spatula. Cool cookies on a drying rack or plate. Enjoy!
For vegan, replace 1 egg with ¼ cup additional peanut butter or 1 flax egg. Replace ½ cup honey with ⅓ cup maple syrup.
Any nut or seed butter can replace the peanut butter. I love making this recipe with sunflower seed butter!
For low FODMAP, replace ½ cup honey with ⅓ cup maple syrup.
Did I mention that the dough tastes like peanut butter mousse? This recipe just keeps getting better...
Do you need to add these gluten-free ingredients to your pantry?
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day.
Don’t take our word for it, try this recipe yourself! And when you do, share your creation on instagram and be sure to tag #vibrantlygfree .
With love and gratitude, ❤ Jamie
Save this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the 'save' button in the top left corner of the picture below: