If you're a seafood lover searching for a mouthwatering dish, look no further than this classic shrimp scampi without wine! This classic Italian-American recipe features succulent shrimp sautéed in garlic and butter, then finished with a burst of bright lemon flavor. And the best part? This version skips the wine, making it perfect for those who prefer to cook without alcohol.
Whether you're looking for a quick weeknight meal or a show-stopping dinner party dish, shrimp scampi without wine is sure to impress. So grab your apron and get ready to savor every last bite!
Elegant and delicious, this shrimp scampi recipe is sure to impress. It is fantastic not only because it is a flashy classic, but also because it is quick and easy! Looking for a special occasion dinner but are short on time?
This shrimp scampi recipe is:
- 20 minutes from start to finish
- requires only 3 ingredients
- perfect for beginner to advanced cooks
In our home, it’s one of our Friday date-night favorites. We hope you love it as much as we do!
Classic Shrimp Scampi >> quick and delicious!
This delicious shrimp scampi recipe is super quick and easy! It makes for a great special occasion meal. If you are able, allow time for the shrimp to marinate in the garlic and olive oil. We recoomend at least an hour for best taste, but marination is not necessary.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Seafood, Gluten-free
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1.5-2 lbs (680-900 g) wild-caught uncooked shrimp (shell-on tastes best)
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl, combine raw shrimp and olive oil.
- Crush 4 cloves of fresh garlic. Add to bowl and mix well.
- Let marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour for best taste, but marination is not necessary.
- Fry shrimp in a pan, ~2 min. per side on medium-low heat. Exercise caution here - it is easy to overcook shrimp. Simply cook each side until a light white/pinkish color appears to maintain texture and flavor.
Tips for prepping the shrimp:
Remove shells by cutting through the center groove of the shrimp shell from head to tail using a knife or single tine of a fork. Now you can easily pull off the shell by hand. Then remove the dark black vein that follows the same center groove using a knife.
Keywords: Easy Shrimp Scampi, gluten free scampi, dairy free shrimp scampi
For a complete meal, mix and match shrimp scampi with different vegetables and starches. We particularly enjoy shrimp scampi with gluten-free noodles, wok-fried asparagus, caramelized onions, and mushrooms - stay tuned for this recipe on the blog.
If you give this recipe a try, tag #celiacsojourness on social media to show off your creations.
► don’t forget to give this recipe a share!
With love and gratitude, ❤ Jamie