Crispy Easy Baked Salmon Cakes recipe with minimal filler. These cakes are healthy and can be made gluten-free and dairy-free. Perfect for dinner guests. A great way to eat canned salmon.
- Mix wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, dill, and black pepper.
- Add the salmon and crackers: Top the mixture with lump canned salmon (drain thoroughly first). Then top with crushed crackers.
- Fold ingredients together: Gently fold the ingredients together with a spatula, breaking apart any large chunks of salmon. Cover the mixture and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Prep for baking: Preheat the oven to 450 F and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner (or grease generously).
- Form salmon cakes: Gently pack a 1/3 cup measuring cup with salmon cake mixture. Then transfer the mixture to your hands and gently press together to form a cohesive mound. Place on the baking sheet, and repeat for three more salmon cakes.
- Bake: Gently brush the top of each mound with butter. Then bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the outside is golden brown and crisp.
- Serve: Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top just before serving. We also love adding a sprig of fresh dill!
*If using fresh salmon: You will want to bake the salmon first since our baking times and instructions are for cooked salmon only. You need about 1 1/2 cups of salmon, broken into flaky chunks with a fork with skin and bones removed.
**For Dairy-Free: Substitute avocado oil or canola oil for the melted butter, like I did.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 15
- Category: Fish, Dinner, Meal
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: baked salmon patties, baked salmon burgers, baked salmon fish cakes, baked salmon patties without breadcrumbs, salmon patties, healthy baked salmon cakes, canned salmon recipes