This healthy feel good Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies recipe is low maintenance and delicious, with only 9 ingredients! You can also make this entire meal in the Instant Pot -- I included instructions in the notes.
Perfect for weekend or weeknight dinners, this recipe is also Paleo and gluten-free. It's a favorite nutrient-dense meal for healing after illness or autoimmune flares.
I actually developed nearly the same recipe twice, almost 2 years apart (before and after my year of van life travel). That's because Spaghetti squash with beef and veggies has been a family favorite healing and comfort food for years.
It's simple, nutrient-dense, and uses all real food ingredients.
Whether recovering from a glutening or simply looking for a healthy meal to offset too many Christmas cookies, you can guarantee I'm whipping this up!
At home, I bake the squash and pan fry the beef and veggies in a skillet. You can also pressure cook the spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot and use the sauté function for the beef and veggies (instructions in notes).
Either way, I'm sure you'll find you love this recipe as much as we do. And don't forget that drizzle of balsamic vinegar just before serving!
Why you’ll love this Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies Recipe:
- it’s healthier than most other ground beef recipes
- it's naturally gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo
- it uses only real food ingredients
- it's healing and nutrient dense
What to know before you start:
You can easily make this entire meal with the Instant Pot.
How to make Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies in the Instant Pot:
- Halve and remove seeds from the spaghetti squash.
- Add 1 cup of water to the instant pot. Then add the steamer rack trivet and place the spaghetti squash halves on top. Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes, allowing steam to release naturally for 10 minutes after cooking. Then manually release steam with the steam release button. Carefully remove the spaghetti squash.
- Using the sauté setting on the Instant Pot, follow the instructions for the beef and veggies. All other instructions are the same!
Substitute the green bell pepper for green beans if having an autoimmune flare.
While this is a classic healing recipe in my home, know that bell peppers (part of the nightshade family) can aggravate some digestive symptoms.
In this case, substitute green beans for the bell pepper.
Add that balsamic drizzle at the end, after plated.
If you add balsamic vinegar to the skillet, you'll end up with too much remaining at the bottom. For even distribution, add the drizzle at the end, after plated with the spaghetti squash.
Baked Spaghetti Squash with Beef and Veggies Recipe:Print
Hungry for more?
Try these other tasty comfort food recipes:
- Northwest Beef Stew in the Instant Pot
- Easy Paella Recipe
- Easy Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Savory Pumpkin Stew
- Super Simple Cottage Fries
Or check out our tasty gluten-free Recipe Index <3
With love and gratitude,