This one-pot easy Chicken Cacciatore is a healthy, hands-off, and absolutely crave-worthy dinner recipe made quickly in an Instant Pot.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces sliced or quartered mushrooms
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (regular or dairy-free cheese work here)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 ¼ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Fill the Instant Pot: Add all ingredients except chicken and mozzarella cheese to the instant pot. Stir the ingredients in the pot together to mix the flavors. Nestle and bury the chicken thighs into the vegetable mixture.
- Cook: Secure the instant pot lid. Cook for 25 minutes at high pressure. When finished, push the steam release button to manually reduce pressure. When pressure has been fully released, open the pot carefully to avoid steam injury.
- Finishing Touches: Add the cheese, stir in, and shred the chicken with two forks. Serve warm on its own, with pasta, or with rice. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if you like. Enjoy!
Storage: Store leftovers in a sealable airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For meal prep, divide into individual storage prep containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Slow Cooker: Follow this recipe but use a slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken is tender and shreds easily with two forks.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American, Italian-inspired, Chef's Special
Keywords: instant pot chicken cacciatore, easy chicken cacciatore, instant pot chicken recipe