Instant Pot Minestrone Soup is one of the easiest soups you can make! With just a handful of common ingredients and no hands-on cooking, it's perfect for busy weeknights and big batches.
We love that the Instant Pot gives it that "simmered for hours" flavor in under 20 minutes. And because the Instant Pot doesn't heat up the house, we love this soup in summer too!
Minestrone soup is a popular Italian vegetable soup in a tomato broth. This recipe is of course amazing for warming up on cold days.
However, we also enjoy it warm or cool in the summer too! The Instant Pot won't heat up your house like the stovetop or oven. We use an extension cord on the porch in the summer so the heat stays outside.
Why you'll love this recipe:
- set it and forget it
- done in 30 minutes
- only 4 fresh ingredients
- versatile with vegetables you have on hand
- super healthy
- full of flavor, especially with the wine and herbs
- reminiscent of the classic, but so much more!
This recipe is great for batch cooking and work lunches for the week. Once you try it, you'll never want canned soup again!
This vegan and gluten-free minestrone soup recipe is inspired by my stovetop House Favorite Vegan Minestrone Soup. It was also inspired by the Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup Recipe I made for Mashed.com.
It pairs well with our No-knead 3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Baguette for a lighter meal. If serving as a side or appetizer, we love pairing it with one of my luscious vegan pasta recipes. Check out the super popular Vegan Vodka Pasta from Pantry Ingredients and Herby Vegan Alfredo Pasta recipes.
All recipes on this site are gluten-free and dairy-free.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it requires only 4 fresh ingredients. All other ingredients are things you likely already have in your pantry!
- yellow onion
Pantry and Freezer Ingredients
- olive oil
- dry red wine
- vegetable broth
- canned diced tomatoes
- tomato paste
- canned white beans
- canned kidney beans
- frozen cut green beans
- small shell pasta (I used gluten-free pasta)
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
See the recipe card for quantities.
There's nothing quite like an amazing "set it and forget it" recipe when you have a full schedule! This one could not be easier.
- Fill the pot: Add all ingredients except the spinach to the instant pot and stir to combine.
- Cook: Cook at high pressure for 8-12 minutes. Choose 8 minutes for crisper vegetables, and 12 minutes for softer vegetables. I like to split the difference at 10 minutes so the vegetables are tender and the broth has that 'long-simmered' flavor! It will take the instant pot about 10 minutes to pressurize before the cooking begins.
- Release pressure: After the cook time is up, press the manual steam release button and stay clear of the steam. Carefully remove the top after the steam has released.
- Add spinach: Add fresh spinach and use a spoon to press it into the broth. Stir to combine once the spinach has wilted and serve hot.
- Gluten-free - use gluten-free pasta like I did.
- Alcohol-free - swap the wine with an equivalent amount of extra vegetable broth.
This recipe is naturally vegan, vegetarian, and dairy-free.
- Spicy - add crushed red pepper flakes to add some heat to this dish.
- Kitchen Sink - use whatever vegetables you have on hand! Try carrots, bell peppers, broccoli... the sky is the limit!
- Instant Pot (6 or 8 quart)
- wooden spoon
- cutting board, chef's knife, and can opener for prep
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Freeze soup in a freezer-friendly container for up to 3 months. I like to pick containers large enough for one or two servings.
To thaw, leave in the refrigerator overnight. Then reheat in a pot on the stove.
Of all the veggies in this recipe, the celery takes the longest to cook through. I recommend cutting the celery in a small dice (cubes) so the pieces are sure to cook through and infuse the broth with flavor!
To dice celery: Remove the dried ends of the celery and discard. Then use a sharp knife to cut lengthwise into ½ cm (⅓ inch) strips. Then slice widthwise every ½ cm (⅓ inch) to form cube-like shapes.
While some Instant Pot soup recipes require sauteeing the ingredients first using the saute function, others require a “set it and forget it” style of cooking.
For this recipe, we choose set it and forget it for ease on busy weeknights!
Minestrone soup should cook in the instant pot for 8-12 minutes. 8 minutes for crisper vegetables, and 12 minutes for softer vegetables.
We like to split the difference at 10 minutes so the vegetables are tender but it has that 'long-simmered' flavor.
Minestrone Soup is typically made with either small shell or macaroni pasta shapes.
I like small shells because they cradle the beans for a super tasty (and kind of cute) bite!
Can I make this recipe on the stovetop?
Absolutely! Check out our House Favorite Vegan Minestrone Soup recipe which is made in one pot on the stove and includes step-by-step photos to help you along the way.
Other gluten-free soups you'll love:
- Classy Dairy-Free Zuppa Toscana in one pot with clean ingredients
- Super Addictive Thai Chicken Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Savory Pumpkin Stew
- Thai Red Curry Soup
- Creamy Vegan Golden Beet Soup
This is my go-to recipe when I need something super quick to last me through the week, no matter the season! I hope it saves you a little time when you need it most.