This easy and delicious Pumpkin Curry with chicken is a Thai-inspired red curry that's so easy to make and bursting with flavor! With only 5 steps and easy-to-find ingredients, it's a healthy pumpkin recipe we make over and over!
This Pumpkin Curry with chicken recipe can be made year-round! Green beans are freshest in the spring and summer, so we often make it on those cooler days. Pumpkin is a great shelf-stable canned ingredient so we use it frequently at all times of year.
Since this recipe moves fast, you'll want to get your ingredients together and prepared ahead of time.
Step 1. Sautee the bell pepper and green beans for approximately 5 minutes.
Step 2. Add chicken and cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until outsides are cooked. Then add garlic and ginger, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
Step 3. Add red curry paste and cook for approximately one minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Then add pumpkin and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
Step 4. Add sliced green onion and allow to simmer for five minutes. Serve warm over basmati rice with lime juice to taste. Enjoy!
- Get all the ingredients ready first! I often like to prep as I go, but this recipe moves quickly once you start. I like to prep with an audiobook and then blast music while dance-cooking.
- Add the spices and shelf-stable items to your pantry. This recipe is so easy to whip up in a pinch, and while I chose this vegetable combination carefully, it tastes nice with a variety of others. With the spices, coconut milk, and pumpkin on hand, you can whip this beauty up with little planning.
More Healthy Chicken Recipes to consider...
Looking for another easy weeknight chicken recipe? Try these:
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card or comment field below. Thank you!
Pumpkin Curry with Chicken
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 handfuls green beans , trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large red bell pepper , sliced thinly and halved
- 1 pound chicken , cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger , peeled and minced
- 2 ½ tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 16-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 16-ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 bunch green onions , green stalks cut into 1 cm pieces
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice , plus more to preference
- 1 lime , cut into wedges
- Vegetables: Add coconut oil to a pan on medium heat, allowing the oil to melt and coat the pan. Add bell pepper and green beans, tossing to coat in oil. Saute, stirring on occasion, for approximately five minutes. Deglaze the pan with splashes of water as needed.
- Chicken: Add chicken. Cook for approximately three minutes, turning pieces on occasion.
- Ginger + Garlic: Add ginger and garlic. Stir constantly for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant and begins to brown.
- Make the Pumpkin Curry base: Add red curry paste and cook for approximately one minute, stirring constantly, until fragrant. Then add pumpkin and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Green Onion: Add sliced green onion and allow to simmer for five minutes. Serve warm over basmati rice with lime juice to taste. Enjoy!