This one-pot Easy Thai Coconut Curry Soup is a dreamy option for anyone who doesn’t like spending time cleaning up the kitchen or lives on-the-go! As a vanlife nomad, simple, one-pot meals win the day. And as someone who struggles to find safe restaurant food due to celiac disease, I need tasty restaurant-worthy meals made at home with minimal effort.
This delicious one-pot Easy Thai Coconut Curry Soup is my favorite recipe to make on-the-go when I want a big pop of flavor! Slippery rice noodles, bold red curry, ginger, veggies to a light crisp... are all soups this perfect?? My partner, a previous soup-hater, is completely transformed by this dish.
Our previous Thai Red Curry Soup dish was made at home and had a few extra steps. It also features chicken instead of tofu. If you can’t have soy, hop on over to learn more about that dish: Thai Red Curry Soup: gluten-free and dairy-free. Since the tofu trial did not work out for me (or my partner, who has Crohn’s), next time I'll make this version with chicken like the original recipe. Feel free to swap chicken for the tofu in this recipe as well.
Photos of the cooking process
Need to add these gluten-free ingredients to your pantry?
Check out our Shop, full of 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-friendly products & tools we use every day!
I hope you enjoy this Easy Thai Coconut Curry Soup recipe as much as I do!
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 rating in the recipe card or comment section below. Thank you!Print
Easy Thai Coconut Curry Soup with Tofu or Chicken
This one-pot Easy Thai Coconut Curry Soup is a dreamy option for anyone who doesn’t like spending time cleaning up the kitchen or lives on-the-go! Slippery rice noodles, bold red curry, ginger, veggies to a light crisp... are all soups this perfect??
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Meal, Dinner
- Method: One-pot
- Cuisine: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Asian inspired, plant-based, vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 12 oz block of extra firm tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 rounded teaspoons of freeze dried garlic (~4 minced cloves fresh)
- 2 rounded tsp of freeze dried ginger (~1 minced thumb-sized piece fresh)
- 3 ½ Tbsp Red Curry Paste
- 3 ½ tsp Gluten-Free bouillon + 3 ½ cups water (or 3 ½ cups vegetable or chicken broth)
- 1 medium bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 small heads bok choy, ends trimmed and washed, leaves halved (can substitute other greens)
- 3 Tbsp Gluten-Free Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 4 portions Stir fry Rice noodles (we used about 200g, or half of the package)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- Optional: garnish with lime wedges and fresh basil leaves
- Cooking tofu (or chicken): Add coconut oil to a 5 quart pot on medium heat. When the oil is melted and evenly coats the bottom of the pot, add tofu. Allow it to cook uncovered, turning tofu pieces on occasion to brown evenly. This takes about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and ginger to the pot and cook, stirring constantly, until the garlic is just beginning to turn golden (about 2-3 minutes). Add red curry paste and cook for about 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
- Add broth (or bouillon + water), bell pepper, gluten-free soy sauce (or alternative). Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, then add the rice noodles, bok choy, and coconut milk. Allow to return to a simmer for 4-5 more minutes, until the noodles and greens are soft.
- Add optional toppings and serve warm. Enjoy!
I like to add an extra small bock choy for more crunch. If you're a veggie lover, I recommend it!
Keywords: Thai Red Curry Soup, Tofu Curry Soup, Vegan Thai Soup
Save this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the ‘save’ button in the top left corner of the picture below: