Delicious no-cook gluten free rice paper wraps with fresh cut vegetables and tangy peanut sauce.
- 10-12 large rice paper wraps
- 1 medium cucumber, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeds removed, sliced into thin strips
- 2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced into thin strips
- ½ small red cabbage, sliced into thin strips
- 2 servings (~ 125 g) gluten-free rice vermicelli
- 20 medium cocktail shrimp, shelled, deveined, and tail removed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or alternative
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sriracha
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp water (or add to desired consistency)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Place rice vermicelli in a medium bowl or pot. Pour boiling water over the noodles, cover, and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a jar and secure with a lid. Shake until well mixed. Alternatively, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk.
- When all ingredients are assembled, fill a large bowl or saucepan with warm water. Gently submerge the rice paper in the water for 10 seconds. Note: They will continue to soften even after removed from the water.
- Place the soaked rice paper on a plate. Fill with noodles, vegetables, and shrimp. Fold like a burrito and set aside. Repeat until all rolls are assembled.
- Slice rolls in half (for presentation) and serve with peanut sauce. We like to spoon a bit of sauce onto each crunchy and delicious bite.
Make it your own: Switch out the vegetables or choose chicken, edamame, or another protein in place of shrimp - these wraps are super versatile! If you can't eat peanuts, this recipe tastes great with sunflower seed butter too.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Category: Meal, Dinner, Lunch
- Method: No cook
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: fresh salad wraps