This easy 4-ingredient Cottage Fries recipe is the perfect healthy snack or side! Rather than slice in wedges, cubes, or in french fry style, you simply slice in thin disks, coat with oil, roast, and season.
- 3 medium russet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons avocado or other liquid oil
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Slice the potatoes into disks. Slice thinner for crispier chip-like fries and thicker for softer cottage fries. I usually slice as thinly as I can with a regular chef's knife.
- Add oil to a large sheet pan, dividing between two pans if necessary. Use your fingers or a silicon brush to coat the bottom of each pan with oil. Lay the cottage fries down, then flip each to coat both sides with oil (alternatively you can brush each side with oil using a silicon brush).
- Roast for 10 minutes, flip potatoes, then roast 10 minutes more. Remove from oven and season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Ingredient measurements are guidelines. All you need are potato slices coated with oil and seasoning to taste!
Avocado oil is my favorite, but any liquid oil that can handle 400 F will work too.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: home fries, oven fries