This Pumpkin Chia Pudding is like a healthy pumpkin pie in a jar created just for you to indulge in and is perfect as a ready-to-go breakfast made the night before. With good-for-you ingredients like wholesome chia seeds and pumpkin, this chia pudding with coconut milk makes an ideal breakfast or snack in addition to dessert.
Look forward to only 5 minutes of prep and 6 easy-to-find ingredients. This is my partner's favorite paleo chia pudding flavor, and I'm always tickled when he makes it in spring or summer!
Every Thanksgiving I make a big batch of traditional stovetop pumpkin pudding with all the stops -- ice cream, cinnamon... YUM. But for all the times in between when I don't want the fuss, this chia pudding recipe is my go-to! It’s also a great way to use leftover pumpkin from other recipes, or make a few servings for breakfast throughout the week.
Why you’ll love this Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding Recipe:
- Irresistible consistency - It’s creamy, seasonally spiced, and delicious. The chia seeds, pumpkin, and coconut milk create the best creamy texture; you’ll forget that it’s healthy and just pure decadent flavors.
- Not too sweet - With just a teaspoon of maple syrup, this chia pudding isn’t overly sweet and is flavored with each ingredient's natural sweetness. Add extra maple syrup if you prefer it a bit sweeter.
- Extra special Fall treat - ‘Tis the season to enjoy all things pumpkin and the warm Fall spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, all-spice, and clove - a classic pumpkin pie spice blend.
- Jam-packed full of Protein! - Each serving of this pumpkin chia pudding has 8 grams of protein.
- Quick prep - Just 5 minutes to make, then let it set overnight for a no-fuss breakfast.
- It tastes just like a Pumpkin Spice Latte! - Imagine scooping up a bite of this creamy coconut milk pumpkin chia pudding as if biting into your favorite fall latte. Yum!
Ingredients for Vegan Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Coconut milk - use full-fat coconut milk for the best creamy consistency. Substitute for other plant-based milk such as almond or hemp milk.
- Sweetener - I use maple syrup but honey would be a good substitute.
- Pumpkin puree - use 100% pumpkin puree instead of pumpkin pie mix.
- Chia seeds - not only does this superfood add health benefits, but the consistency is also simply irresistible creating a gelatinous creamy texture when blended with the other ingredients.
- Flavorings - a pinch of pumpkin pie spice and a dash of vanilla and this chia pudding with pumpkin and spice will greet Fall with a warm hug.
Favorite Chia Pudding Toppings
This Pumpkin Chia pudding tastes amazing with freshly chopped apples, roasted pumpkin seeds, and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Other toppings I love:
- Dairy-Free Whipped Cream (vegan)
- coconut milk yogurt
- cinnamon sticks to garnish
- fresh raspberries
- fresh strawberries
When to make Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Clean eating meal prep for the week, especially in Fall
- Anytime you're missing that #PSL flavor
- When you missed out on Fall baking and still want a treat
- You want a special treat to-go for school or work
- Quick travel meal
As a nomad, I spend a lot of time without a real kitchen. This overnight chia pudding recipe with pumpkin is great for Fall camping, easy hotel food, or for surprising a host during friend or family visits!
Traveler Friends: My classic 2-ingredient Chia Seed Pudding recipe has a list of travel tips for making Chia Seed Pudding just about anywhere.
These photos were taken in a hotel (I used my Instant Pot with the Air Fryer Lid to roast these pumpkin seeds). I also make this recipe frequently in my camper van.
Tips to get the best Chia Pudding:
Use any plant-based milk you like.
You can replace the water-coconut milk combination with almond, hemp, or other plant-based milk. Water and coconut milk is my favorite combination.
Find your own perfect chia pudding consistency.
This recipe makes a nice thick pudding that won't spill in your backpack. Add a little more liquid if you prefer a thinner pudding.
I recommend making it according to the recipe and adjusting in the future if you're not sure what you like.
Prevent Chia Clumps — make sure you shake or stir it well.
You know you’re finished shaking or stirring the pudding mixture when the chia seeds are separated (not sticking together) and remain in the mixture rather than floating to the top (note that some will still float).
How to store chia pudding
After mixing the chia pudding recipe, you can store it in the fridge up to 3 days before eating.
More Vegan and Paleo Chia Pudding Recipes you'll love:
- Mocha Chia Pudding
- Mango Coconut Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
- Simple 2-ingredient Chia Seed Pudding
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Healthy One-bowl Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins with almond flour (paleo)
- Crustless Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie (paleo)
- Savory Pumpkin Stew
- Pumpkin Curry with Chicken
Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding Recipe:Print
If you're enjoying this treat on a Fall day, there's a good chance that I am too. Cheers to us!