Imagine a personal-sized healthy pumpkin pie in a jar set just for you -- you're picturing this Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding! With good-for-you ingredients like chia seeds and pumpkin, this chia pudding with coconut milk makes a perfect breakfast or snack in addition to dessert.
Look forward to only 5 minutes of prep and 6 easy-to-find ingredients. This is my partner's favorite paleo chia pudding flavor, and I'm always tickled when he makes it in spring or summer!
Every Thanksgiving I make a big batch of traditional stovetop pumpkin pudding with all the stops -- ice cream, cinnamon... YUM. But for all the times in between when I don't want the fuss, this chia pudding recipe is my go-to!
Why you’ll love this Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding Recipe:
- creamy, spiced, and delicious
- not too sweet
- extra special Fall treat
- 8 grams of protein per serving
- preps in only 5 minutes, then let it set overnight for a no-fuss breakfast
- tastes just like a Pumpkin Spice Latte you can eat!
Favorite Chia Pudding Toppings
This Pumpkin Chia pudding tastes amazing with freshly chopped apples, roasted pumpkin seeds, and an extra sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
Other toppings I love:
- Dairy-Free Whipped Cream (vegan)
- coconut milk yogurt
- cinnamon sticks to garnish
- fresh raspberries
- fresh strawberries
When to make Pumpkin Chia Pudding
- Clean eating meal prep for the week, especially in Fall
- Anytime you're missing that #PSL flavor
- When you missed out on Fall baking and still want a treat
- You want a special treat to-go for school or work
- Quick travel meal
As a nomad, I spend a lot of time without a real kitchen. This recipe is great for Fall camping, easy hotel food, or for surprising a host during friend or family visits!
Traveler Friends: My classic 2-ingredient Chia Seed Pudding recipe has a list of travel tips for making Chia Seed Pudding just about anywhere.
These photos were taken in a hotel (I used my Instant Pot with the Air Fryer Lid to roast these pumpkin seeds). I also make this recipe frequently in my camper van.
Tips to get the best Chia Pudding:
Use any plant-based milk you like.
You can replace the water-coconut milk combination with almond, hemp, or other plant-based milk. Water and coconut milk is my favorite combination.
Find your own perfect chia pudding consistency.
This recipe makes a nice thick pudding that won't spill in your backpack. Add a little more liquid if you prefer a thinner pudding.
I recommend making it according to the recipe and adjusting in the future if you're not sure what you like.
Prevent Chia Clumps — make sure you shake or stir it well.
You know you’re finished shaking or stirring the pudding mixture when the chia seeds are separated (not sticking together) and remain in the mixture rather than floating to the top (note that some will still float).
More Vegan and Paleo Chia Pudding Recipes you'll love:
- Mocha Chia Pudding
- Mango Coconut Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
- Simple 2-ingredient Chia Seed Pudding
More Easy Pumpkin Recipes:
- Healthy One-bowl Gluten-Free Pumpkin Muffins with almond flour (paleo)
- Crustless Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie (paleo)
- Savory Pumpkin Stew
- Pumpkin Curry with Chicken
Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding Recipe:Print
If you're enjoying this treat on a Fall day, there's a good chance that I am too. Cheers to us!