This Crustless Pumpkin Pie is a unique rendition of the classic dessert that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and made without refined sugars. A delectable and healthy pumpkin pie recipe that has a secret ingredient for the best creamy pumpkin flavor.
It’s always a pleasant surprise when a recipe experiment turns out just right! This dairy and gluten free pumpkin pie recipe is a fantastic twist on an old classic. While appearing 'crustless', this pie has a little secret - the crust is on the inside. Read more to see what I mean...
Serve this specially made pumpkin pie without a crust at your Holiday gatherings for a dessert that will satisfy your pumpkin cravings.
It’s so good that we even like to enjoy it for breakfast! No crust, no rules! A spoonful of sugar-free crustless pumpkin pie on top of pancakes, mixed into oatmeal, or with fruit is a surprisingly delicious breakfast idea.
Why this Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe Works
The secret ingredient: almond flour. Most dairy free pumpkin pie recipes take forever to cook. From baking to settling, it can be a daunting task to get right.
Adding almond flour to the custard base helps to solidify the pumpkin filling and bake quicker. It’s almost like the crust is INSIDE the pumpkin pie! This addition of almond flour also adds a unique texture to the filling as it absorbs some of the liquid and shortens the cooking time to just 25 minutes!
It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and keto-friendly, with no refined sugars. This diet-friendly pumpkin pie recipe hits all the marks for a well-rounded dessert. Even guests who are not constricted to these diets will enjoy the pumpkin flavor and creamy decadent flavors of this crustless pumpkin pie made with coconut milk and almond flour.
Ingredients for a No Crust Pumpkin Pie
Pie recipes use basic pantry staples so you shouldn’t have to look far to gather the ingredients for this easy gluten-free crustless pumpkin pie recipe.
- Pumpkin puree: Use canned 100% pumpkin puree or use fresh pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling which has added sugars, spices, and usually wheat flour..
- Flavoring and sweeteners: Eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. These custard ingredients add flavor and build a beautiful custard for your pumpkin pie without the crust.
- Almond flour: As mentioned above, almond flour is my secret ingredient to make the pumpkin filling for pie a thick textural consistency. Plus, almond flour will keep this pie recipe gluten-free. If you’re not worried about gluten, swap out the almond flour for whole wheat or all-purpose flour.
- Spices: salt, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon. You can also substitute this spice blend for pumpkin spice plus salt.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Coconut Milk
No planning is required, simply mix the ingredients and bake! Who doesn’t love a quick and easy pumpkin pie recipe that’s gluten and dairy free?
- Preheat the oven and prepare a cake or pie pan.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake until golden brown and solidified.
That’s it! Like most pumpkin pie recipes you have to let it rest for some time before serving. With this crustless almond flour pumpkin pie recipe, you can dig in sooner. Once cooled, store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Pie
- Use pumpkin puree - As mentioned above you want to make sure you use 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling. Of course, you can cook and puree your own pumpkin instead.
- Don’t skip adding flour - The texture of this pumpkin pie without crust comes from the small addition of almond flour. It will be a sturdy yet creamy pumpkin custard with all your favorite spices.
- Make ahead of time - If you plan on making this for Thanksgiving or a gathering, you can easily make it the day before allowing time for it to chill and be serve-ready for dessert.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Here's how to make this amazing gluten-free pumpkin pie:Print
Check out our other easy gluten-free holiday favorites:
Need to add Gluten-Free ingredients to your pantry?
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day!
Don’t take our word for it, try these recipes yourself! And when you do, share your creations on instagram with the tag #vibrantlygfree .
Enjoy these super easy, delicious, and gluten-free recipes, my friend!