These tapioca flour crepes are delicious and versatile. With only 3 ingredients and a delightfully sticky and stretchy texture that is truly unique, I crave them all the time. They are one of my staples for breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and a source of lunch-envy from friends at work. I highly recommend that you give them a try!
I first made tapioca flour crepes as a gluten-free bread replacement. They're affordable and super easy to make, which means you'll make them all the time!
Tapioca Flour vs Tapioca Starch
Tapioca Flour and Tapioca Starch are the same thing -- a starchy, refined flour made from the root of the cassava plant. Tapioca Flour/Starch is similar in consistency to potato or corn starch. However, tapioca starch thickens at a lower temperature and is therefore frequently used in place of other starches as a low temperature thickener.
Are Tapioca Flour and Cassava Flour the same thing?
Tapioca Flour and Cassava Flour are both made from the root of the cassava plant. However, tapioca flour and cassava flour are not the same thing because cassava flour includes the whole root, while tapioca flour uses only the starchy part of the root.
For this recipe, you want to use Tapioca flour or starch, rather than Cassava flour.
Why you'll love Tapioca Flour Crepes:
- packable for travel and outdoors
- perfect for sweet or savory fillings
- paleo, gluten-free, and vegetarian
- quick and easy
And to top it off, these Tapioca Flour Crepes use only 3 ingredients, 1 bowl, and take 20 minutes of your time. What’s not to love?
Tips for making Tapioca Flour Crepes:
The best milk product to use:
I use low fat coconut milk or a coconut/almond blend made by Silk. Full fat coconut milk is delicious too! I’ve never used dairy milk for this recipe but I think it would work fine.
Dry on a cooling rack or dish towel.
The finished tapioca flour crepes sometimes stick together, especially while cooling. Cool on a rack or dish towel until room temperature.
If they do stick, they are easy to separate. Pull the crepes apart carefully and make them a little thicker if storing them stacked.
Let's make 3-ingredient Tapioca Flour Crepes:Print
Tapioca Flour Crepes
Amazing Tapioca Flour Crepes using only 3 ingredients! Delightfully sticky and stretchy texture that is truly unique, delicious and versatile. Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 8-inch crepes 1x
- Category: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: French, American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- ¾ cup plant-based milk*
- 2 eggs
- Optional: 1 pinch salt (as a natural preservative if kept unrefrigerated for travel or outdoors)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan or skillet to medium high heat. The pan is ready when a water drop will sizzle and evaporate quickly. Turn up the heat if needed - high heat is important to keep the shape of these crepes.
- Pour ¼ to ⅓ cup of batter onto the skillet. You will need to lift and tilt the pan to encourage batter to mold to the desired shape (they cook quickly!) The crepe is ready to flip when the edges are dry and bubbles begin forming throughout the crepe.
- Flip and allow to cook through for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool on a drying rack (they will stick together if stacked before drying). Repeat until all batter is cooked.
*A note on milks: I use low fat coconut milk or a coconut/almond blend made by Silk. Full fat coconut milk is delicious too! I’ve never used dairy milk for this recipe but I think it would work fine.
The finished crepes sometimes stick together but are easy to separate. Pull them apart carefully and make them a little thicker if storing them stacked.
Keywords: tapioca crepe recipe, paleo crepes, tapioca recipes
Seriously, could that be any easier? Don’t take our word for it, try this recipe yourself! And when you do, share your creation on instagram and be sure to tag #vibrantlygfree .
With love and gratitude, ❤︎ Jamie
More Tapioca Flour Recipes:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Mango Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Dairy Free Swedish Meatballs
- Heavenly Double Chocolate Brownies
- Gluten Free Blondies >> Paleo, Dairy free
Looking for gluten-free ingredients?
Check out our Shop, with 100% Gluten-free and Celiac-Safe products we use every day.
Save this Tapioca Flour Crepe Recipe to Pinterest!
Click the 'Save' button in the top left corner of the image below 🙂