Amazing Tapioca Flour Crepes using only 3 ingredients! Delightfully sticky and stretchy texture that is truly unique, delicious and versatile. Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian.
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk*
- 2 eggs
- Optional: 1 pinch salt (as a natural preservative if kept unrefrigerated for travel or outdoors)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together.
- Heat a large nonstick frying pan or skillet to medium high heat. The pan is ready when a water drop will sizzle and evaporate quickly. Turn up the heat if needed - high heat is important to keep the shape of these crepes.
- Pour ¼ to ⅓ cup of batter onto the skillet. You will need to lift and tilt the pan to encourage batter to mold to the desired shape (they cook quickly!) The crepe is ready to flip when the edges are dry and bubbles begin forming throughout the crepe.
- Flip and allow to cook through for 1-2 minutes.
- Cool on a drying rack (they will stick together if stacked before drying). Repeat until all batter is cooked.
*A note on milks: I use low fat coconut milk or a coconut/almond blend made by Silk. Full fat coconut milk is delicious too! I’ve never used dairy milk for this recipe but I think it would work fine.
The finished crepes sometimes stick together but are easy to separate. Pull them apart carefully and make them a little thicker if storing them stacked.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: French, American
Keywords: tapioca crepe recipe, paleo crepes, tapioca recipes