I have some wonderful news my friends - this super easy peanut sauce recipe and “stir fry” are actually much easier AND more hands-off than a traditional stir-fry. It’s like a stir-fry ‘hacked’. The veggies are baked rather than fried, which means more time for other fun things, like hanging with your family and friends or binge-watching Netflix. Oh yeah, and it really is as good as it looks... creamy, nutty, and just a tad bit spicy!
Here’s the trick: pop some rice in the rice cooker (or on the stove), roast some tasty veggies and chicken, and smother with the easiest, most delicious peanut sauce recipe you can quite literally whip up while watching Netflix or chatting away on the phone. Fun + tasty food? SOLD!
But in all seriousness, this is truly an amazing dish, adjusted to just the right amounts and ready for your consumption. We think it’s best used to impress for date night, dinner parties, or Valentine’s Day. It is creamy, nutty, and if you add some peanut halves to the final product, it has a delightful crunch as well.
Go ahead and get that appetite ready, because we’re ready to tuck in!Print
Easy Peanut Sauce Stir Fry HACKED
This super easy and quick version of a traditional peanut sauce recipe & stir fry is baked, low maintenance, and totally delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Dinner, Meal
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free, Dairy-free
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Optional: 1.5 lbs (0.7 kg) chicken, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 bunches of green onions, cut into ½” pieces
- 3 medium heads broccoli (~2 lbs., 1 kg), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb. (0.45 kg) mushrooms, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2.5 tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce (we use Red Boat brand)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame oil
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) peanut butter (no sugar added -- see notes)
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) full fat coconut milk
- Juice from 1 medium lime
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coconut aminos
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fish sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- 1 tsp (2.4 g) dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp (5 g) sea salt
- 6-8 servings of cooked fresh white or brown rice
- Preheat oven to 450 deg F (230 C)
- Layer from bottom to top in a 2” deep baking dish: chicken (optional), onion, green onion, broccoli, and mushrooms. Drizzle with vegetable oil, 1 tbsp fish sauce, and 1 tbsp sesame oil.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 min.
- While the vegetables bake, make the sauce: In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, lime, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 tsp fish sauce, coconut aminos, red pepper flakes, & any optional ingredients (see notes). Mix thoroughly.
- Remove the foil and broil the vegetables and chicken for 10 min, uncovered. Remove from oven.
- To serve: Layer the vegetables and chicken on a bed of rice, add ~3 tbsp. of peanut sauce, mix thoroughly, and enjoy!
For best taste, we recommend using peanut butter with no added sweeteners. However, if you don’t have this on hand, slightly sweetened peanut butter works well too.
Take it up a notch: We think the sauce tastes great as listed above, but if you're looking for a real show-stopper, add these ingredients as well:
½ tsp ginger powder (2.5 g)
½ tsp garlic powder (1.6 g)
4 tbsp (~55 g) chopped cilantro
Substitutions: You can substitute soy sauce for fish sauce or omit it completely. However, we really do prefer the taste with fish sauce.
Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: Peanut Sauce Stir Fry
Looking for the perfect dessert pairing? Click the link for our favorite Heavenly Double Chocolate Brownie Recipe for the coveted peanut butter + chocolate combination. They are paleo, gluten free, dairy free and totally droolworthy.
We know you'll enjoy this recipe!
Tag #vibrantlygfree on Instagram so we can share your creation in our stories with credit to you!
With love and gratitude, ❤︎ Jamie
Save this recipe on Pinterest by clicking the 'Save' button in the top left corner of the photo below: