Amazing one-pot Thai Chicken Soup recipe with coconut milk and green curry spices. Perfect for weeknight dinners. Gluten and dairy free.
For the chicken:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound chicken breast or tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 3 tablespoons Green Thai Curry paste
For the Soup:
- 3 cups (700 mL) vegetable broth
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly and halved
- 10 medium cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 10-12 medium asparagus stalks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Gluten-free soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 14-ounce can (400 ml) full-fat coconut milk
- 250 grams linguine or stir-fry shaped rice noodles
- fresh-squeezed lime juice or wedges
- optional: sriracha or sambal hot sauce
- optional: fresh basil
Chicken: Add coconut oil to a large pot on medium heat. When the oil is melted and evenly coats the pan, add chicken. Cook for about 4 minutes, flipping mid-way so the outsides are mostly cooked.
Spices: Add garlic and ginger to the pot with the chicken. Cook, stirring on occasion until the garlic is just beginning to turn golden (2-3 minutes). Add curry paste and cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly.
Soup: Add broth, bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus, and gluten-free soy sauce. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until asparagus begins to soften, then add coconut milk and rice noodles. Return to simmer for 5-7 minutes until the noodles are al dente. Remove from heat.
Toppings: Serve warm with desired toppings.
This post contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
Storage: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. The noodles often absorb the broth making it less soup-like and perfect for carrying with you to work or school!
- Category: Soup, Asian-inspired, One Pot
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: healthy thai chicken soup, thai chicken soup with coconut milk, green curry soup, rice noodle soup