This easy 3-ingredient gluten-free french baguette recipe gives three beautifully crusty loaves that taste just like the real thing! Perfect for a dinner side, sandwiches, or snacking. Vegan.
- 4 cups (500 grams) gluten-free flour (I used Pamela’s All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly mix gluten-free flour, yeast, and salt with a whisk.
- Mix in the water: Add lukewarm water in ¼-½ cup increments, stirring with a wooden spoon between increments.
- First Rise: Cover with plastic wrap or equivalent and let rise undisturbed for 8-20 hours in a warm location (I usually do overnight by the window in summer, or on the kitchen counter).
- Form Baguettes and second rise: Generously flour your hands and the silicon baking mold. Keep extra flour nearby to re-coat your hands whenever the dough gets sticky. Using your hands, shape the dough into three baguettes of equal size in the silicon mold.* Set the mold on a baking sheet to stabilize. Cover with a towel and allow to rise for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Score: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Using a sharp paring knife or kitchen scissors, score the baguettes.
- Bake: Place an oven-safe bowl or deep pan filled with two boiling cups of water on a lower rack in the oven. Place the tray of baguettes on the upper shelf and bake for 10 minutes. Remove the water bath and bake for 30-40 minutes more or until the crust is thick and browning.
*Using a baguette pan: Without using a baguette pan or mold, the dough will spread horizontally instead of rising vertically. This is because gluten encourages vertical rise. To remedy this with gluten-free baguettes, use a mold or baguette pan. You can also get creative with silpat, a baking dish, and ramekins like I did here: (photo of weird baguette).
Storage: Store on the counter for up to 3 days, wrapped in a cotton dishtowel. You can also freeze the baguettes for up to 3 months. Allow to cool and wrap in plastic or slice into a ziploc bag before freezing. Reheat frozen baguettes in the oven at 400 degrees F until heated through (about 5-10 minutes).
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Baking, Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: vegan gluten free baguette, gluten free french bread, gluten free baguette